Thursday, October 5, 2017
Monday, September 18, 2017
Saturday, October 21, 2017
ANNUAL CHALLENGE & BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!
♥ ♥ ♥
- We've received 79 boxes and packages at our post office box and the homes of two of our volunteers.
- 559 Blankets have been donated through Austin Disaster Relief Network. On Saturday we had already added another 180 to be donated!!
- 279 of those blankets were made by our local volunteers.
- 47 came though donations left at Honey Bee Quilt Store
- On Saturday, September 16, 2017, 180 MORE blankets were collected for delivery.
- These blankets have come from 29 states and 1 Canadian province.
- We've received blankets from a Project Linus group in Illinois, a 10 year old girl, a Girl Scout Troop in North Carolina, Quilt Guilds across the country, and as Anne said at our meeting, the list goes on and on!
ADRN has informed us there is still need for comfort quilts & blankets and we will continue to deliver blankets to ADRN for distribution for those children who need them. Blankets or quilts received after ADRN no longer needs them will go to one of the Central Texas facilities we regularly supply.
For those of you who have been concerned that our usual recipient facilities will be neglected during this time, please set your mind at ease! We were able to fill all September requests. ♥
The Annual Blanket Challenge is part of our Birthday Celebration held every October. It's a great opportunity for our volunteers to try something new and showcase their talents to visitors and recipient facilities.
Challenge Blanket Makers - PLEASE HAVE YOUR BLANKETS TURNED IN TO OSIE BY 9:00 ON THE DAY OF THE OCTOBER MEETING (updated by Marge from 9:30).
Volunteers, please consider bringing a snack to share on this special day. All of our recipient facilities are welcome. We will, as always, have lots of fun door prizes, our Annual Silent Auction, and more!
Mark your calendars! This year's event will be Saturday, October 21.
Hobbs UPC Codes
To qualify to order “Charitable Batting” from Hobbs Bonded Fibers, we are required to provide UPC labelsfrom Hobbs packaged batting.
♥ ♥ ♥
Everything you need to know about making blankets to donate to The Linus Connection: Sizes, fabrics, & more! Printable document at the link.
♥ ♥ ♥
Please remember: Paper Tags should include your first name at the top.
ALL blankets should include a paper tag and a sew on label (see diagram above).
♥ ♥ ♥
Our volunteers make hundreds of blankets each month to meet the need of children in crisis in Central Texas. To do this, many supplies are needed. We are constantly in need of washable 100% acrylic yarn. Leftover balls of yarn to full skeins are gratefully accepted.
Have yarn? Bring it to the next Linus meeting or leave it at one of our Drop-Off locations clearly marked for The Linus Connection.
Not from the Austin area? Email Jennifer for the best address to mail yarn donations!
♥ ♥ ♥
We continue to have requests for weighted blankets, and are in special need of the larger sized quilt tops.
Please turn your Pellet Pockets and finished tops for Weighted Blankets at the monthly meeting, Please note: If you are helping with Weighted Blankets, pockets, tops, etc. go in the blue bin on the desk in the kitchen. Be sure to sign tops in on the Sign In Sheet as Quilt Tops.
♥ ♥ ♥
Each month after Show & Tell, we present free, short demonstrations of blanket making techniques to our volunteers.
Want to share a Demo with our group? Email Jennifer!
Upcoming Demos & Presentations:
- October - No Demo (Birthday/Annual Challenge)
- November - Airplane Applique
- December - No Demo (Holiday Party)
- January - TBA
- February - TBA
- March - TBA
♥ ♥ ♥
Show And Tell
Blankets were shown on Saturday, September 16, 2017. They are not necessarily being shown by the person that made them. Only a sampling of donated blankets is shown each month.
All blankets shown were donated to children in crisis in Central Texas.
We encourage you to join us at our monthly meeting and participate in Show and Tell.