The Linus Connection is a Central Texas 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to make and deliver handmade security blankets for children in crisis situations in our area. The blankets go to children in hospital emergency rooms, in crisis centers, in foster care, battered women's shelters, to any child who is in need of a little extra security in their lives.
The idea came from a young woman in Denver Colorado who, back in 1995 came up with the idea of making crocheted blankets for the children of the Denver Children's Cancer Hospital. When she found out that there were 144 children in this hospital, she got her friends and family to help her and they named their group Project Linus.
From this simple idea, the idea of providing blankets for Central Texas children in different types of crisis situations grew. While The Linus Connection is not part of Project Linus the mission is the same. All of the blankets are handmade by people in the community, either as a group or individually. These are all given to children in need of some extra security.
There are many children out there who don't have security in their lives. As long as there is a hurting child in a hospital, protective custody, or shelter, The Linus Connection has a job to do.
Contact The Linus Connection via email for more information.
The Linus Connection
P.O. Box 29491
Austin, Texas 78755
Need Help? Contact us!
- Stephanie Sabatini, Executive Director, Recipient Facility Primary Contact
- Marge Lentricchia, President, Fabric Donations, & Meeting Agenda
- Anne Ellison, Secretary, Yarn, Mail, & Weighted Blankets
- Kaye Howard, Board Member, Sorting, Blanket Donations
- Osie Lebowitz, Board Member, Challenge Kits
- Kari Dodge, Board Member, Web & Social Media
- Ellie Brady, Board Member, Silent Auction