Thank you to everyone who came to our September 2021 meeting. October 2021 will be our BIG BIRTHDAY MONTH and everyone is invited!
- WHO - All Volunteers, Recipient Facilities & individuals, and friends!
- Where: St. Philip's Family Life Center, to the left of the playground.
- When: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 9-11 am
- What: The Linus Connection's 22nd Birthday featuring Door Prizes, our Annual Quilt & Yarn Challenge, Silent Auction* items, and new this year, a $5 Fat Quarter Table*!
- Annual Challenge: Our Annual Challenge will be on display in the playground featuring quilts and yarn blankets made by our wonderful volunteers. We'll vote for favorites and hand out prizes for Viewer's Choice! Challenge Entries are due no later than 9:30 a.m. on Oct. 16. Have a question about the 2021 Challenge? Email Osie (email@example.com). See our past Challenges.
- Food: Volunteers are invited to bring a snack or treat to share. Drinks will be provided.
- Silent Auction: The 2021 Silent Auction will be our biggest ever, with 2 years of auction donations up for bidding! There will be crafting items, quilting, fabric, yarn, and much, much more! The auction closes at 10:45. Winners must be present to win. Payment* is required at the end of the auction and then you can take your goodies home! Watch our social media for previews. Have questions? Contact Jennifer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- $5 Fat Quarter Table: $5 Fat Quarter Table with bundles of 6 fat quarters for a donation of $5. Payment* is required on the day of the event.
- Blanket Donations will still be accepted during our Birthday Celebration. Not able to make it? Find a Drop-Off location!
- Masks: For the continued safety of all of our volunteers, we ask that all attendees please wear a mask.
*Cash, check (payable to The Linus Connection), & PayPal are accepted for Donations, Silent Auction payment, and the $5 Fat Quarter table. For PayPal, donors will either need the PayPal app on their phone OR to be logged in to their PayPal account on their phone. The Linus Connection will not have the facilities to log in to user accounts or accept payment any other way. We appreciate your understanding. The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Need to change your email or be removed from the list? Contact Jennifer.
October 16, 2021
November 20, 2021
December 18, 2021
Please remember: Paper Poems should include your first name at the top with the ribbon tied in a bow. Use a safety pin on quilts, NO safety pin on yarn blankets.
ALL blankets should include a paper tag with a poem and a sew-on Linus label. See diagram for placement.
Dropping your donation off? Everything you need to know is here. Please note that quilts & blankets need to be bagged for drop-off locations, but not for monthly meetings.
To qualify to order “Charitable Batting” from Hobbs Bonded Fibers, we are required to provide UPC labelsfrom Hobbs packaged batting.
If you are a quilter or know any quilters, please save your Hobbs batting bags or UPC labels and either bring them to the monthly meeting or mail them to us at The Linus Connection, P.O. Box 29491, Austin, Texas 78755.
Please also ask any quilting friends you know to do this as well. We really depend on this batting to fulfill our deliveries each month.
Our weighted blanket tops are made with 4 1/2" squares to make 4" finished blocks. We can also use brick quilt tops if the bricks are staggered and the sizes are equivalent to a top made with 4 1/2" squares. Brick quilt top tutorial.
We are currently in need of weighted blanket tops in the following sizes:
- Teen appropriate fabric 10x10, 9x11, and 10x12 squares.
- Middle school appropriate fabric in 8x10, 8x8, 9x9 squares.
- Elementary appropriate fabric 6x8, 6x9, 7x9 squares.
Weighted blanket quilt tops should be completed and turned in to the kitchen during our monthly meeting. These will be picked up by Anne. Thank you all for your help!
If you are helping with Weighted Blankets making pellet pockets, tops, etc., these go on the desk in the kitchen. Be sure to sign tops in on the Sign In Sheet as Quilt Tops.
September 2021 - "Hidden Wells" with Susan B.
Susan shared a versatile demo on Saturday to play with strips and a variety of fabrics.
Thanks to Maria for the additional photos!
If you'd like to book a Demo please email Jennifer.
- October 2021 - Birthday Month! Challenge & Silent Auction
- November 2021 - Available!
- December 2021 - Holiday Party (no Demo)
- January 2022 - Pin Basting Your Quilt with Kaye H.
- February 2022 - "Whirling Stripes" with Paula B.
Blankets shown were donated on Saturday, September 18, 2021, and will go to children in crisis in Central Texas.
Show & Tell quilts & blankets are not necessarily being shown by the person that made them. Only a sampling of donated blankets is shown each month.
We encourage you to join us at our monthly meeting and participate in Show and Tell.
Click on any photo to see it bigger!
Please keep an eye on the website, join our email list, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram for the latest Linus information. We also have a Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers where you can share photos and chat! You can join here.
The Linus Connection ♥ P.O. Box 29491 ♥ Austin, Texas 78755
The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Post a Comment