On this coming Saturday, April 17, 2021, we will be having a Socially Distant Parking Lot Meeting with limited supplies and Show & Tell.
To help make this day go as smoothly as possible, please read the information below thoroughly.
Important things to know:
- If you join us, facemasks and social distancing are required AT ALL TIMES.
- If you prefer to stay in your car, a volunteer can assist you in acquiring supplies.
How it will work:
- We will have a drop-off area for Quilt Tops, Pellet Pockets, and Quilts/Blankets Donations.
- We are asking that you please continue to bag and label your donations. This makes it easier for us to safely log in your quilts, blankets, and quilt tops. Your printable donation form is here.
- If you'd like to share Show & Tell, Jennifer will be there taking photos! Please note this isn't "Show & Tell" for the group, just photos for the website. You're also welcome to email photos to email@example.com.
- There will be car trunks with yarn, fabric, & quilt batting so you can replenish your supplies.
- All stations will be spread apart for social distancing. Selections at each station can be made in person or by a volunteer.
- Label packets and Pellet Pockets will be available.
If you can't make it or you have other questions:
- If you can't make it to drop off/pick-up, blanket donations are still being accepted at the locations previously mentioned. You can find those here.
- If you have questions about this meeting, please address them to Marge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please remember, if you are or have been sick, PLEASE STAY HOME and take care of yourself. It's okay to hold on to your donations until later and we can get supplies to you another day. Safety first!
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay in touch with other volunteers by joining our Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers.
If you would like to join our email list OR If you have not been received any recent email from The Linus Connection, or you would like to be removed from our email list, please contact email@example.com.
Please see each listing for details.
9308 Anderson Mill Rd #300
Austin, TX 78729
Look for a plastic bin outside the front door during store hours.
3010 Williams Drive Suite 156
Georgetown, TX 78628
Blankets can be dropped off during store hours.
8503 Bobcat Dr.
Round Rock TX 78681
Please call or email Marge before dropping off donations. You can also contact Marge for fabric or batting if needed.
💜 Debbe Tipping
3840 Haleys Way
Round Rock, TX
Debbe has a bin on her porch for donations. She can also arrange to pick up blankets or quilt tops if needed. Please email her if you plan to leave a donation.
BEFORE YOU DROP OFF YOUR QUILTS, BLANKETS, & QUILT TOPS...
ALL blankets should include a paper tag with a poem and a sew-on Linus label. This is especially important right now. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne and she'll get some to you.
Preparing your donation:
- Please place donations in a plastic garbage bag or similar and include your full name and what you're donating so we can log it in (just like the sign-in sheet at monthly meetings). For your convenience, we have created a printable donation form. You don't have to use the form, but we do need the information listed for an accurate blanket count and donations must say "for The Linus Connection" so they will not be misdirected (see photo). If you would like a receipt emailed to you, please be sure to include your email address.
- Please make sure your individual quilts and blankets are labeled and have a poem with your first name. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne. She will mail some to you.
- Blankets will be distributed to our usual recipient facilities as needed. Delivery volunteers will be contacted personally if you have a delivery.
Please keep an eye on the website, join our email list, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram for the latest Linus information. We also have a Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers where you can share photos and chat! You can join here.
The Linus Connection ♥ P.O. Box 29491 ♥ Austin, Texas 78755
The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Post a Comment