2020 Virtual Challenge REMINDER
Due to the extraordinary circumstances presented by 2020, our Annual Quilt & Yarn Blanket Challenge will be presented right here on our website. In order to make this happen, we will need your help.
In addition to following the Challenge Rules, we ask that participants:
- Pin your challenge number to your quilt or blanket making sure it's clearly visible.
- Take a photo of EACH finished Challenge quilt or blanket. This works best if you have a helper hold up your quilt or blanket or pin or hang it from a fence or similar for pictures.
- Email pictures to Osie by the deadline listed in the Challenge Rules. Osie will log your finished quilt or yarn blanket and forward your photo to Jennifer for posting on the website.
- Turn in your Challenge quilts & blankets at the designated drop-off locations (below). Challenge numbers should be removed before turning in. All we need is your photo.
- DEADLINE - Photos must be received by Osie no later than October 17, 9:30 AM. Quilts & blankets should also be turned in as soon as possible.
- If you are not able to provide photos of your quilt or blanket, please turn it in at least one week early and let Osie know that you need a photo.
- Voting will take place from October 19 to 23, 2020. Viewer's Choice winners to be announced on October 24, 2020. All of that will happen right here on thelinusconnection.org.
- Viewer's Choice prizes to be announced.
Need photography help? We've got some helpful tips!
SILENT AUCTION CANCELED
The 2020 Silent Auction has been canceled and we will not be accepting auction donations until further notice. We thank everyone who has donated so far and want to assure you that we will hold on to those items for next year. Since we are not having the Silent Auction, our largest source of annual funds, we welcome individual donations. Please see below for more information.
Please consider supporting these wonderful local stores if you are able.
See each listing for details.
9308 Anderson Mill Rd #300
Austin, TX 78729
Look for a plastic bin outside the front door during store hours.
3010 Williams Drive Suite 156
Georgetown, TX 78628
Blankets can be dropped off during store hours.
8503 Bobcat Dr.
Round Rock TX 78681
Please call or email Marge before dropping off donations. You can also contact Marge for fabric or batting if needed.
3840 Haleys Way
Round Rock, TX
Debbe has a bin on her porch for donations. She can also arrange to pick up blankets or quilt tops if needed. Please email her if you plan to leave a donation.
BEFORE YOU DROP OFF
YOUR QUILTS, BLANKETS,
& QUILT TOPS...
ALL blankets should include a paper tag with a poem and a sew-on Linus label. This is especially important right now. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne and she get some to you.
Preparing your donation:
Please place donations in a plastic garbage bag or similar and include your full name and what you're donating so we can log it in (just like the sign-in sheet at monthly meetings). For your convenience, we have created a printable donation form. You don't have to use the form, but we do need the information listed for an accurate blanket count and donations must say "for The Linus Connection" so they will not be misdirected (see photo). If you would like a receipt emailed to you, please be sure to include your email address.
- Please make sure your individual quilts and blankets are labeled and have a poem with your first name. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne. She will mail some to you.
- Weighted blanket tops needed! We're especially in need of sizes 9x11, 10x12, 12x14. More information.
- We are especially in need of preemie, middle, and teen quilts & blankets. More information.
- Blankets will be distributed to our usual recipient facilities as needed. Delivery volunteers will be contacted personally if you have a delivery.
September Show & Tell
Photos courtesy of The Linus Connection Volunteer Facebook Group
Please keep an eye on the website, join our email list, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram for the latest Linus information. We also have a Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers where you can share photos and chat! You can join here.
The Linus Connection ♥ P.O. Box 29491 ♥ Austin, Texas 78755
The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Post a Comment