Sections with new information have
been highlighted for your convenience.
Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for Show & Tell!
Our efforts to provide blankets to children in need across Central Texas are ongoing as we do all we can to keep The Linus Connection running as smoothly as possible during these difficult times.
We'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who came out to our socially distant blanket drop-off and Challenge pick up on Saturday. It was good to see so many familiar faces!
The St. Philip's Campus is currently closed and meetings are canceled until further notice. Please note this includes October, which changes our birthday month significantly. More about that below.
For the latest information, please keep an eye on the website, join our email list, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram. We also have a Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers where you can share photos and chat! You can join here.
2020 ANNUAL CHALLENGE GOES ONLINE!
Due to the extraordinary circumstances presented by 2020, our Annual Quilt & Yarn Blanket Challenge will be presented right here on our website. In order to make this happen, we will need your help.
In addition to following the Challenge Rules, we ask that participants:
- Pin your challenge number to your quilt or blanket making sure it's clearly visible.
- Take a photo of EACH finished Challenge quilt or blanket. This works best if you have a helper hold up your quilt or blanket or pin or hang it from a fence or similar for pictures.
- Email pictures to Osie by the deadline listed in the Challenge Rules. Osie will log your finished quilt or yarn blanket and forward your photo to Jennifer for posting on the website.
- Turn in your Challenge quilts & blankets at the designated drop-off locations (below). Challenge numbers should be removed before turning in. All we need is your photo.
- If you are not able to provide photos of your quilt or blanket, please turn it in at least one week early and let Osie know that you need a photo.
Do you need a Challenge packet? Please contact Osie at email@example.com or Marge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SILENT AUCTION CANCELED
The 2020 Silent Auction has been canceled and we will not be accepting auction donations until further notice. We thank everyone who has donated so far and want to assure you that we will hold on to those items for next year. Since we are not having the Silent Auction, our largest source of annual funds, we welcome individual donations. Please see below for more information.
Please consider supporting these wonderful local stores if you are able.
Please see each listing for details.
9308 Anderson Mill Rd #300
Austin, TX 78729
Look for a plastic bin outside the front door during store hours.
3010 Williams Drive Suite 156
Georgetown, TX 78628
Blankets can be dropped off during store hours.
💜 Marge Lentricchia
8503 Bobcat Dr.
Round Rock TX 78681
Please call or email Marge before dropping off donations. You can also contact Marge for fabric or batting if needed.
💜 Debbe Tipping
3840 Haleys Way
Round Rock, TX
Debbe has a bin on her porch for donations. She can also arrange to pick up blankets or quilt tops if needed. Please email her if you plan to leave a donation.
BEFORE YOU DROP OFF
YOUR QUILTS, BLANKETS,
& QUILT TOPS...
ALL blankets should include a paper tag with a poem and a sew-on Linus label. This is especially important right now. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne and she get some to you.
Preparing your donation:
Please place donations in a plastic garbage bag or similar and include your full name and what you're donating so we can log it in (just like the sign-in sheet at monthly meetings). For your convenience, we have created a printable donation form. You don't have to use the form, but we do need the information listed for an accurate blanket count and donations must say "for The Linus Connection" so they will not be misdirected (see photo). If you would like a receipt emailed to you, please be sure to include your email address.
- Please make sure your individual quilts and blankets are labeled and have a poem with your first name. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne. She will mail some to you.
- Weighted blanket tops needed! We're especially in need of sizes 9x11, 10x12, 12x14. More information.
- We are especially in need of preemie, middle, and teen quilts & blankets. More information.
- Blankets will be distributed to our usual recipient facilities as needed. Delivery volunteers will be contacted personally if you have a delivery.
If you have any of the Linus IKEA bags that we use to distribute blankets, please return them when you make your next donation. Our bags say either "Please return to" or "Property of The Linus Connection" and have a vinyl pocket for an index card on one side. These can be dropped off on Saturday or left at any of the donation drop-off locations.
Please keep an eye on the website, join our email list, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram for the latest Linus information. We also have a Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers where you can share photos and chat! You can join here.
To qualify to order “Charitable Batting” from Hobbs Bonded Fibers, we are required to provide UPC labels from Hobbs packaged batting.
If you are a quilter or know any quilters, please save your Hobbs batting bags or UPC labels and include them with your donation (please make a note on your form) or mail them to us at The Linus Connection, P.O. Box 29491, Austin, Texas 78755.
Please also ask any quilting friends you know to do this as well. We really depend on this batting to fulfill our deliveries each month.
We've had a huge request for weighted blankets and are still in need of tops. If you're able to help, we currently need the following sizes: 9x11, 10x12, 12x14. Our weighted blanket tops are made with 4 1/2" squares to make 4" finished blocks. We can also use brick quilt tops if the bricks are staggered and the sizes are equivalent to a top made with 4 1/2" squares. Brick quilt top tutorial.
Weighted blanket quilt tops should be completed and turned in to the kitchen during our monthly meeting. Those are attention to Debbe. Quilt tops with a BACK added should be attention to Stephanie. Thank you all for your help!
We still need LOTS of Pellet Pockets! Find the instructions to make those are here.
SHOW & TELL, July 2020
We do have some Show & Tell for you and we hope it brightens your day! These photos were taken during sorted our shared by our Facebook Group members. ♥
Blanket sorting isn't quite what it used to be, but we still get it done!
Ready for distribution!
The Linus Connection Board Members
- Stephanie, Executive Director, Liason with all Recipient Facilities
- Marge, Assistant Director, Fabric Donations
- Jennifer, Social Media, Blanket Distribution
- Anne, Yarn, Mail
The Linus Connection ♥ P.O. Box 29491 ♥ Austin, Texas 78755
The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Post a Comment