This is obviously a precarious time and we will be taking every safety precaution to protect our volunteers to the best of our ability.
The Linus Connection Challenge 2020 Drive Thru
When: Saturday, July 18, 2020, from 9 am to 10 am.
Where: St Philip's Church parking lot
Follow signs, stay in your cars, wear masks!
2020 Fabric challenge – you will select a very generous bag of batik fabrics donated by Evelyn McRae. Each bag has a color variety of batik fabrics. You may add additional fabric (see Challenge rules).
Please Note: Change in the fabric challenge rules this year. You can only turn in 2 quilts for the fabric challenge from each bag of fabric. The amount of fabric is very generous this year. Any additional quilts made from the batiks can be shown as part of Show and Tell.
2020 Yarn challenge – you will select a bag that contains 3 skeins of yarn. In some of the bags, the skeins may be the same while other bags may have matching colors of yarn. You may add additional yarn to your challenge (see challenge rules posted on the Linus website).
How: Please follow all the rules listed below, as we want everyone to stay as safe as possible. If your friend cannot make the date of the drive-thru, please offer to pick up a challenge bag for them.
We want everyone to be safe and stay well and to keep making blankets. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing your donation:
- Please make sure your individual quilts and blankets are labeled and have a poem with your first name. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne. She will mail some to you.
- Weighted blanket tops needed! We're especially in need of sizes 9x11, 10x12, 12x14. More information.
- We are especially in need of middle and teen quilts & blankets for regular deliveries. More information.
- Blankets will be distributed to our usual recipient facilities as needed. Delivery volunteers will be contacted personally if you have a delivery.
- Stephanie, Executive Director, Liason with all Recipient Facilities
- Marge, Assistant Director, Fabric Donations
- Jennifer, Social Media, Blanket Distribution
- Anne, Yarn, Mail