On Saturday, we packed our volunteers' beautiful donations over at our storage unit for distribution to local facilities to share with children in crisis in Central Texas. Thank you to everyone who has gone out of your way to deliver your handwork to one of our drop-off locations! We will continue to collect blankets exclusively at these locations until we are able to be together again.
Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for Show & Tell!
Our efforts to provide blankets to children in need across Central Texas are ongoing as we do all we can to keep The Linus Connection running as smoothly as possible during these difficult times.
We do not yet have a firm decision on the May meeting, but it is likely to be canceled. Please keep an eye on the website, join our email list, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram for the latest information.
We also have a Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers where you can share photos and chat! You can join here.
BLANKET DONATION DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
The following stores and Linus Connection Volunteers have very generously agreed to collect blanket donations for us.
Please see each listing for details.
9308 Anderson Mill Rd #300
Austin, TX 78729
Look for a plastic bin outside the front door during store hours (currently M-F 10-5).
3010 Williams Drive Suite 156
Georgetown, TX 78628
Blankets can be dropped off during store hours, Mon-Sat 11am-3pm. Please call ahead.
Honey Bee and Poppy are taking online orders! Please consider supporting these wonderful stores if you can.
💜 Marge Lentricchia
8503 Bobcat Dr.
Round Rock TX 78681
Please call or email Marge before dropping off donations.
💜 Debbe Tipping
3840 Haleys Way
Round Rock, TX
Debbe has a bin on her porch for donations. She can also arrange to pick up blankets or quilt tops if needed. Please email her if you plan to leave a donation.
BEFORE YOU DROP OFF
YOUR QUILTS, BLANKETS,
& QUILT TOPS...
ALL blankets should include a paper tag with a poem and a sew-on Linus label. This is especially important right now. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne and she will mail some to you.
We are asking that you please bag and label your donation so we can log in your quilts, blankets, and quilt tops. Both Honey Bee and Poppy Quilt & Sew accept donations for other groups as well, making it even more important that donations be labeled for The Linus Connection.
Please place donations in a plastic garbage bag or similar and include your full name and what you're donating so we can log it in (just like the sign-in sheet at monthly meetings). For your convenience, we have created a printable donation form. You don't have to use the form, but we do need the information listed for an accurate blanket count and donations must say "for The Linus Connection" so they will not be misdirected. If you would like a receipt emailed to you, please be sure to include your email address.
- Once again, please make sure your individual quilts and blankets are labeled and have a poem with your first name. If you are out of labels, please contact Anne. She will mail some to you.
- Blankets will be distributed to our usual recipient facilities as needed.
- WE HAVE A HUGE NEED FOR CAMP BLANKETS! Camp blankets can be middle & teen size quilts, yarn blankets, or fleece. We have requests for 1,000 camp blankets for this summer. We have a few more than last month, but we still need many more, so if you need some inspiration, camp, camp, camp! More info on middle & teen sizes.
- Delivery volunteers will be contacted personally if you have a delivery.
- If you are or have been sick, PLEASE STAY HOME and take care of yourself. Some of our facilities do need blankets, but it's okay to hold on to your donations until the next meeting. Safety first!
- Keep sewing, keep crocheting & keep knitting! We have no way of knowing how this health crisis may affect our group or the children of Central Texas in the future. Your talented hearts & hands are appreciated!
- If you would like to connect with your fellow volunteers during this difficult time, we have a Facebook Group just for Linus Connection volunteers. You can join here.
- If you are in desperate need of supplies or have some other Linus-related question not answered here, please contact one of the Board Members (emails and what we do below) and we'll do everything we can to help.
To qualify to order “Charitable Batting” from Hobbs Bonded Fibers, we are required to provide UPC labelsfrom Hobbs packaged batting.
If you are a quilter or know any quilters, please save your Hobbs batting bags or UPC labels and either bring them to the monthly meeting or mail them to us at The Linus Connection, P.O. Box 29491, Austin, Texas 78755.
Please also ask any quilting friends you know to do this as well. We really depend on this batting to fulfill our deliveries each month.
We've had a huge request for weighted blankets and are still in need of tops. If you're able to help, we currently need the following sizes: 6x9, 8x8, 7x9, 8x10. Our weighted blanket tops are made with 4 1/2" squares to make 4" finished blocks. We can also use brick quilt tops if the bricks are staggered and the sizes are equivalent to a top made with 4 1/2" squares. Brick quilt top tutorial.
Weighted blanket quilt tops should be completed and turned in to the kitchen during our monthly meeting. Those are attention to Debbe. Quilt tops with a BACK added should be attention to Stephanie. Thank you all for your help!
We still need LOTS of Pellet Pockets! Find the instructions to make those are here.
Need some inspiration? Try one of these fun tutorials!
SHOW & TELL
We do have some Show & Tell for you and we hope it brightens your day! These lovely quilts & blankets were made by our Facebook Group members.
The Linus Connection Board Members
- Stephanie, Executive Director, Liason with all Recipient Facilities
- Marge, Assistant Director, Fabric Donations
- Jennifer, Social Media, Blanket Distribution
- Anne, Yarn, Mail
The Linus Connection ♥ P.O. Box 29491 ♥ Austin, Texas 78755
The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Post a Comment