♥ NEXT LINUS MEETING ♥
Saturday, August 18, 2018
Now on sale: Tickets for the 2018 Linus Connection Raffle Quilt
"All Around Texas"
76" X 88"
6 for $5 and $1 each
Opportunities to See Our Quilt & Purchase Tickets:
(Linus Volunteers, contact Becky if you can help set up or sell tickets!)
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED July 24, 2018 - Round Rock Library/Main Street Quilt Guild; 6pm
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED August 3, 2018 - Honey Bee Quilt Store during 5 @ the Hive; 8:30am-Noon
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED August 4, 2018 - Honey Bee Quilt Store during 5 @ the Hive; 8:30am-Noon
- August 18, 2018 - The Linus Connection Monthly Meeting @ St. Philip's in Round Rock
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED September 4, 2018 - Georgetown Library/Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild; 9:30 am
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED September 11, 2018 - Austin Sewing Machines & Quilting (formerly Austin Sew & Vac); 9am-Noon; 2-4pm; 6-9pm
- September 15 - The Linus Connection Monthly Meeting @ St. Philip's in Round Rock
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED October 8, 2018 - Austin Quilt Guild; 6-9:30pm
- October 20, 2018 - The Linus Connection Monthly Meeting @ St. Philip's in Round Rock. WINNER TO BE ANNOUNCED.
Linus Volunteers - Check out raffle quilts tickets to sell during our monthly meetings.
Need tickets before then? Contact Suzanne.
Did you miss getting a postcard? Print this flyer to help sell your tickets!
A huge thanks to the wonderful volunteers who made this beautiful quilt happen:
- Wildflower Bee of the Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild pieced the beautiful top
- Quilted by Dede Powell of Lou's Quilting Studio
- Bound by Marjorie Pyle
- Label by Rita Loyd
Challenge kits and rules were handed out at during our May 2018 meeting. If you missed it, check with Osie at next month's meetings for Challenge packs.
The Annual Blanket Challenge is part of our Birthday Celebration held every October. It's a great opportunity for our volunteers to try something new and showcase their talents to visitors and recipient facilities. Mark your calendars: This year's event will be Saturday, October 20, 2018.
Challenge Blankets should be the same size as all other Linus blankets.
Click for a printable version of our guidelines.
***Have a question about the 2018 Challenge? Email Osie.***
Camp Quilts & Blankets have concluded for 2018! BIG thanks to all of our volunteers for helping with this special project.
This years' deliveries have been:
- Royal Family Camp - 45
- LaPryor - 85
- Camp Erin (formerly Camp Braveheart) - 75
- Sunshine Camps - 540
To qualify to order “Charitable Batting” from Hobbs Bonded Fibers, we are required to provide UPC labelsfrom Hobbs packaged batting.
If you are a quilter or know any quilters, please save your Hobbs batting bags or UPC labels and either bring them to the monthly meeting or mail them to us at The Linus Connection, P.O. Box 29491, Austin, Texas 78755.
Please also ask any quilting friends you know to do this as well. We really depend on this batting to fulfill our deliveries each month.
Our volunteers make hundreds of blankets each month to meet the need of children in crisis in Central Texas. To do this, many supplies are needed. We are constantly in need of washable 100% acrylic yarn. Leftover balls of yarn to full skeins are gratefully accepted.
Have yarn? Bring it to the next Linus meeting or leave it at one of our Drop-Off locations clearly marked for The Linus Connection.
Not from the Austin area? Email Jennifer for the best address to mail yarn donations!
Please turn your Pellet Pockets and finished tops for Weighted Blankets at the monthly meeting, Please note: If you are helping with Weighted Blankets, pockets, tops, etc. go in the blue bin on the desk in the kitchen. Be sure to sign tops in on the Sign In Sheet as Quilt Tops.
New on the Weighted Blanket information page - Washing a Weighted Blanket!
July Demo with Laura S.
"Molly" bordered squares & Blocks with partial seams
"Molly" block is from Three Times a Charm Book 2 by Me & My Sister
Did you miss getting a handout from Laura? Find a "How to Sew Partial Seams" tutorial available on All People Quilt
Each month, we present a free demonstration of a fun and easy technique, pattern, etc. to inspire our volunteers.
Upcoming Demos & Presentations:
- August - TBA (We need you! Contact Jennifer to Share a demo in August!)
- September - String Piecing with Barbara
- October - Birthday Celebration & Annual Challenge
- November - (We need you! Contact Jennifer to Share a demo in November!)
- December - Holiday Celebration
Blankets were shown on Saturday, July 21, 2108. They are not necessarily being shown by the person that made them. Only a sampling of donated blankets is shown each month.
All blankets shown were donated to children in crisis in Central Texas.
Click on any photo to see it bigger!
Suzanne won this quilt from the Villa Rosa Daily Quilt Giveaway!
The Linus Connection ♥ P.O. Box 29491 ♥ Austin, Texas 78755
The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Post a Comment