✿ AUGUST ✿
August 20, 2016
9 - 11 am
St. Philip's, 16321 Great Oaks Dr. Round Rock, Texas
Show & Tell will be at 10.
Demo - Layer Cake Lemonade Variation by Sherly K.
Don't forget to pick up your Challenge packs!
Want to present a future demo? Please email Jennifer!
Texas Department of Agriculture 2016 Quilt Block Competition
Read more here.
Every other year, the Texas Department of Agriculture invites quilters around the state to pick up their needles and accept a challenge: design a block adhering to a theme using Texas natural fibers. Without fail, talented participants answer the call, and TDA receives numerous worthy submissions. Contest participants use Texas natural fibers - cotton, wool and leather - to create a quilt block design. A panel of judges selects the winning entries, which are then combined to create the quilts that make up the TDA Quilt Collection and become part of TDA’s natural fiber exhibition.
The TDA will be donating blocks not used in the final quilts from future contests to The Linus Connection. Thanks, TDA!
- About weighted/sensory blankets (from the Missouri Quilt Company)
- Weighted Blankets - Pellet Pocket Instructions
- Weighted Blankets - Pieced Tops (most needed sizes)
- Weighted Blankets Instructions - for those wanting more information, different sizes, etc.
- August 2016 - Scrap Buster by Sarah S
- September 2016 - TBA
- October 2016 - Anniversary & Birthday Celebration
- November 2016 - String Piecing with Barbara
- December 2016 - No Demo (Holiday Party)
The Linus Connection is a Federal 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible.